IMPORTANT SELF CARE YOU NEED TO MAKE FOR SPRING NOW.
Hello Khaos Community!!
First off, I am feeling a bit tender and really want to thank you for being a subscriber. I truly appreciate you from the bottom of my heart. Today's blog is one to not be ignored, it is a gem of information!
Did you know that Saturday is officially the first day of Spring?! Yahoo! This time of year may be metaphoric and more meaningful than any Spring before. The trees are in bloom, the birds are singing more than ever and the rain foreshadows even more beauty to come. It is time for a change and renewal that I think we are all ready for.
Something that I have always embraced in the home and in my life is the changing of the seasons. Spring is great for deep cleaning, bringing in new throw pillows, brighter florals and refreshing everything in your environment. In regards to beauty and fashion, I start looking forward to the warmer months ahead therefore motivating me to put greater care into my skin routine. Shorts, tank tops and bathing suits....bring them on!
When it comes to the skin our body, there has been new insights in keeping a youthful texture. I have a lot to recommend and it all starts in the shower.
1. SUPRACOR HONEYCOMB EXFOLIATOR // I have used these gloves for as long as I can remember. What I love is it that they last forever and always stay sanitary. Gentle enough to use at every wash, I put my body wash onto the glove and scrub away. ( P.S. Everyone in my family uses and loves.)
2. DEEP EXFOLIANT GLOVES // These is my go to glove for deep exfoliating. I use once a week and before applying self-tanner. Affordable, strong and a bestseller around the world.
Retinol has been the gold standard in facial care for as long as I can remember. Dermatologists are now highly recommending for the entire body. Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A that helps reduce the signs of aging. Body treatments and lotions with retinol are a lower strength than what is typically used for the face. I love these options below due to countless of dermatologist and consumer reviews.
Last year, I discovered Moroccan Oil Body Serum and I feel they opened up a whole market with it. After a shower, I use it as a treatment prior to my lotion and it is a match made in heaven! You are going to be touching your arms constantly, like I do, in awe of how soft!
I'm also including my favorite lotion, it isn't fancy but it is the real deal! I have used it for years, am always trying something new, yet nothing holds up to Genes. Deeply conditioning and non greasy. If you prefer a perfumed option, the Brazilian Bum Bum is incredible.
As for your beautiful face, now is the time to invest in a facial. Professionals recommend this service once a month and I can personally tell you, as a skeptic, it makes such a difference. Your texture and pores will improve and it is so important in preventing the signs of aging. With the makeup trends of Spring Summer being all about minimalism and clean skin, time to get those appointments booked.
It is time to manage our feet ladies! We have a few months to get rid of those cracked heels and calluses. Yes, people DO notice.
1. BABY FOOT EXFOLIATION FOOT PEEL - Just do it, you will thank me. (Bonus: if you are a picker, you are going to looove this on day 3. haha)
2. IN SHOWER FOOT EXFOLIATOR - Use every day in the shower and it will maintain your "post Baby Foot". Start with the heavier dark purple grit and finish with the lighter grit.
3. Once out of the shower, apply lotion.
4. ALOE VERA MOISTURE SOCKS - Another wonderful way to maintain your beautiful foot, sleep in these aloe infused socks. Use once a week or as needed. I tend to get hot sleeping in a full sock, so I actually use the half sock version for sleeping.
HANDS AND NAILS
If I could go back to my twenty year old self, I would tell myself to take care of the skin on my hands! Our hands never get a break whether working or receiving constant sun exposure day after day.
1. DEBORAH LIPPMAN MARSHMELLOW EXFOLIANT CREAM // I was gifted this from my cousin and I cannot believe how it transforms my hands when I use it. So luxurious and one of the greatest products I have been introduced to. I use 2 times a week and follow up with my lotion recommendations above.
2. PAULA'S CHOICE SUNSCREEN // If you could see my hands at 45 years old, they look older than my age. Premature crepy skin, which runs in my family and due to years of work and sun damage. This is my favorite sunscreen for the face, hands and body. I keep one in the car and reapply throughout the day without fail.
Lastly, I hope to inspire you to start to wear brighter colors for your nails. The trends are Nudes, French Manicures and the usual Spring colors. I know a lot of you ladies stay within the same few colors and I challenge you to try something new! I have a few favorites colors that should appeal to you all.
I just recently purchased the Colgate Overnight Whitening Pen and am really impressed! I really don't find any pleasure In the sensitivity that most whiteners create, but this has been absolutely painless! I have used for 5 days now and noticed a difference on day 3. Let's get those teeth bright for Spring because one of the things that ages us most is discolored teeth.
I hope you enjoyed. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment. Also, if you have any blog requests, do not hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Spring to you all.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.